- 1 pound bulk hot Italian sausage
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 package (8.8 ounces) ready-to-serve Spanish rice
- 18 egg roll wrappers
- Oil for frying
- Sour cream and guacamole, optional
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink; drain. Stir in beans, Mexicorn, tomatoes and rice; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- With one corner of an egg roll facing you, place 1/3 cup filling just below center of wrapper. (Cover remaining wrappers with a damp paper towel until ready to use.) Fold bottom corner over filling; moisten remaining wrapper edges with water. Fold side corners toward center over filling. Roll up tightly, pressing at tip to seal. Repeat.
- In an electric skillet, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Fry egg rolls, two at a time, 1-2 minutes or until golden brown, turning occasionally. Drain on paper towels. If desired, serve with sour cream and guacamole. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forSouthwestern Egg Rolls
"First time making any type of egg roll and these were easy and delicious! My entire family loved them."
"I loved these. As another reviewer said, they taste just like the ones served at restaurants, maybe better."
"I've made these with my mother in law a year ago. they were simple and fun. I've the craving again."