Southwestern Egg Casserole Recipe
- 10 eggs
- 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups (16 ounces) cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1. In a large bowl, beat eggs. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; stir into eggs (batter will be lumpy). Add cheeses, butter and chiles. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 piece: 330 calories, 25g fat (14g saturated fat), 239mg cholesterol, 560mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 19g protein.
Reviews for Southwestern Egg Casserole
"I made this for my family for Christmas brunch, and it was a hit. The cottage cheese lends a creamy/tangy contrast to the slight spiciness of the peppers. It is delicious! Will make again!"