Southwestern Egg Bake
My sister, Bari, gave me this recipe after I tried it at her daughter's graduation party. Good thing she made plenty—she had to keep refilling the dish!—Terry Bray, Haines City, Florida
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min. + standing
- 5 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2-1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a small skillet, saute onions in butter until tender; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, chilies, salt, pepper and cumin. Stir in the cheese, bacon and reserved onions.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 271 calories, 21g fat (11g saturated fat), 256mg cholesterol, 489mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 18g protein.
Originally published as Southwestern Egg Bake in Casserole Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.