For a main dish, add 2 cups shredded cooked chicken to the casserole. For an elegant presentation, spoon vegetable mixture into individual ramekins. Bake about 20 minutes or until heated through.
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups frozen peppers and onions
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2/3 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1-1/3 cups (2.8 ounces) French's® Original or Cheddar French Fried Onions
- In a 1-1/2 qt. microwave-safe casserole, combine peppers and onions and corn. Cover and microwave on high for 8 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking. Drain well.
- Stir in soup, milk, hot sauce, 1/3 cup cheese and 2/3 cup onions. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and onions. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Southwestern Corn and Pepper Casserole in Taste of Home Cooking School Collection Spring 2009, p52