Southwestern Chorizo Toastada Bites
These bites are packed with chipotle sauce. black beans, chorizo and all your favorite southwestern flavors. Recipe provided by Eggland's Best®.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 3-4 large flour tortilla, extra-thin burrito size
- 5 to 6 ounces chorizo, case removed
- 1/2 cup corn kernels, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 2 tablespoons chipotle sauce
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup green onion, thinly sliced, divided
- 4 large Eggland's Best® eggs (large)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Pre-heat oven to 375F.
- Spray a mini-muffin pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, saute chorizo for about 2 minutes, or until slightly browned. Add corn, beans, and chipotle sauce, sauteing for another minute. Set aside to cool.
- Cut tortilla into 24 circles using a 3-inch round cookie or biscuit cutter. Press tortilla rounds into muffin pans to create a cup, and set aside.
- Add beaten eggs, 1/2 cup cheese and green onions, reserving 2 tablespoons for topping, to cooled sauteed mixture. Combine well.
- Fill each tortilla cup with 1 tablespoon of egg mixture. Bake for 15 minutes in pre-heated oven, or until eggs are set and golden on top.
- Remove from oven and cool slightly. Top each cup with sour cream and remaining cheese and green onion before serving.
Nutrition FactsNutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 108 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 165 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Originally published as Southwestern Chorizo Toastada Bites in Eggland's Best Partner Recipes 2015-2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.