Southwestern Chicken with Orzo
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup ranch salad dressing
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup Kerrygold shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the chicken, zucchini, red pepper and onion in oil for 6-8 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, stirring occasionally. Meanwhile, cook the orzo according to package directions.
- Stir the beans, corn, salsa, salad dressing, chili powder and garlic into chicken mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in cheese until slightly melted. Remove from the heat; whisk in sour cream until smooth. Drain orzo; serve with chicken mixture.
Nutrition Facts1-3/4 cups: 760 calories, 28g fat (12g saturated fat), 104mg cholesterol, 609mg sodium, 84g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 8g fiber), 38g protein.
Apr 23, 2011
I was not impressed. The only flavor we could taste was the black beans, and overall it did not look or taste good. I would not make this again.
Jul 22, 2010
I thought it was bland. I was expecting the ranch dressing flavor to come through, and I couldn't taste it.
Mar 25, 2010
Absolutely delicious!!! I will definitely be making this again!