Southwestern Chicken Pizza
Our family loves Mexican food and pizza, so I combined the two. It's easy to cook the pepper and onion in the microwave. Salsa, prepared chicken and other convenience items hurry along the rest of the recipe. The final result is fantastic!
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 medium onion, julienned
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1-1/4 cups salsa
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) ready-to-use Southwestern chicken strips
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried cilantro flakes
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the onion, green pepper and water. Cover and microwave on high for 2-4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender; drain well.
- Unroll pizza crust onto a greased baking sheet, stretching gently to form a 14x10-in. rectangle. Spread with salsa. Top with chicken and onion mixture. Sprinkle with cheese, garlic powder and cilantro.
- Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is melted. Cut into squares.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts2 slices: 511 calories, 22g fat (13g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 1427mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 5g fiber), 29g protein.
Originally published as Southwestern Chicken Pizza in Quick Cooking May/June 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.