Southwestern Catfish Recipe
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 teaspoons salt, divided
- 3 teaspoons paprika
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 catfish fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1. For salsa, in a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, onion, jalapenos, vinegar and 1 teaspoon salt. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- 2. Combine the paprika, chili powder, cumin, coriander, cayenne, garlic powder and remaining salt; rub over catfish. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- 3. Grill fillets, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with salsa. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 107 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 1825mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 9g protein.
Reviews for Southwestern Catfish
"Made this on my stove top. Used this as a filling for tacos. I also used chedder cheese, black olives and sour cream for topings. Very good and easy !"
"I cooked it in oven at 425 degree F for 20 minutes and drizzles some butter once during cooking. Family loves the taste of fish."