- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped*
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- 3 teaspoons salt, divided
- 3 teaspoons paprika
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 catfish fillets (6 ounces each)
- For salsa, in a bowl, combine the tomatoes, onion, jalapenos, vinegar and 1 teaspoon salt. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Combine the paprika, chili powder, cumin, coriander, cayenne, garlic powder and remaining salt; rub over catfish. Coat grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill. Grill fillets, uncovered, over medium heat for 5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with salsa. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forSouthwestern Catfish
"Made this on my stove top. Used this as a filling for tacos. I also used chedder cheese, black olives and sour cream for topings. Very good and easy !"
"I cooked it in oven at 425 degree F for 20 minutes and drizzles some butter once during cooking. Family loves the taste of fish."