Total TimePrep: 25 min. Grill: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium green pepper
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- 2 hamburger buns, split
- 2 slices tomato
- 2 slices onion
- 2 lettuce leaves
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, cumin, lemon juice, salt and pepper; cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Grill green pepper, covered, over medium heat until skin blisters, about 6 minutes. With tongs, rotate pepper a quarter turn. Grill and rotate until all sides are blackened. Immediately place pepper in a bowl; cover and let stand for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, shape beef into two patties. Grill, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 7-9 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- Peel off and discard charred skin from green pepper; remove stem and seeds. Cut pepper in half. Top each patty with green pepper and cheese; grill 1 minute longer or until cheese is melted.
- Grill buns, cut side down, for 1-2 minutes or until toasted. Spread bun bottoms with mayonnaise mixture; top with burgers, tomato, onion and lettuce. Replace bun tops.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 406 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 1183mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 5g fiber), 32g protein.
Jul 6, 2018
Good burger with a spicy kick. I used ground buffalo and used a couple of jalapeños instead of green (bell) pepper. I was leary about using the full quantity of cumin but it turned out well. I’ll be doing this one again.
Jun 4, 2009
perhaps she meant green bell pepper.
May 6, 2009
it should read green chili not green pepper