- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes with garlic and onion
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini or white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- In a Dutch oven, saute the onion in oil until tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
Reviews forSouthwestern Bean Soup
"I make this often and it's always well received. We love it!"
"I have made this recipe numerous times because it is so delicious and uses items readily available in the pantry. It makes a large batch that lasts several days and it is hearty enough for a meal. Love it!!"
"This is a very quick, almost no effort meal. We serve it with tortilla chips."