Southwest Zucchini Skillet
I like to serve this with corn bread. I also make sure to have extra salsa on hand for my husband—he likes his food spicy!—Cathy Barkley, De Beque, Colorado
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4-1/2 cups chopped zucchini
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 can (17 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, brown beef with salt and onion; drain. Add zucchini, tomatoes and salsa. Cover and simmer about 20 minutes or until zucchini is crisp-tender. Add the corn and beans; cook until heated through. Remove from the heat. Gradually stir in sour cream; sprinkle with cheese. Cover and let stand until cheese melts.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 344 calories, 17g fat (11g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 867mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 6g fiber), 21g protein.
Originally published as Southwest Zucchini Skillet in Country Ground Beef