Southwest Turkey Spirals
Crave a snack? Try this zesty, easy-to-prepare appetizer from Traci Claycomb of Vero Beach, Florida. “It’s a delicious, non-traditional way to use leftovers,” she notes.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup shredded cooked turkey
- 3 tablespoons chopped green chilies, drained
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon diced pimientos, drained
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped ripe olives
- 2 teaspoons prepared ranch salad dressing
- 2 flour tortillas (6 inches), room temperature
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients until blended. Spread over tortillas. Roll up tightly jelly-roll style; wrap in plastic. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours or until firm. Cut into 1-in. slices.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 47 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 77mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Southwest Turkey Spirals in Cooking for 2 Winter 2007
Feb 22, 2018
I left out the olives but didn't miss them. Flavor was great.
Jan 9, 2014
I finally found a roll up that didn't just taste like cream cheese! These have so much flavor to them.