Southwest-Style Wedding Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes6 servings (2-1/4 quarts)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 medium celery ribs, chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 2 quarts chicken stock
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 large egg
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1-1/2 cups acini di pepe pasta
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cubed avocado and sour cream
- In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Add carrots, celery and corn; cook until tender. Stir in stock. Increase heat to high; bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, combine bread crumbs, taco seasoning, egg and chicken; mix lightly. With wet hands, shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. Reduce heat to simmer; gently drop meatballs into stock. Cook, covered, until meatballs are no longer pink, 8-10 minutes. Stir in pasta. Simmer, covered, until pasta is tender, 6-8 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro and salt.
- Serve with avocado and sour cream.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 455 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 1219mg sodium, 63g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 29g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 26, 2018
Where is the leftover hamburger?
Aug 31, 2016
This is a great addition to my soup recipes, followed the recipe exactly except for using ground turkey which I always have on hand, and broiled the meatballs, as I like that color on them. Nice twist on the Italian version!