Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cod fillets (6 ounces each)
- In a large skillet, saute onion and green pepper in oil until tender. Add garlic; saute 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomato sauce, tomatoes, olives, cumin, pepper sauce and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Add fillets. Cover and cook over medium heat for 10-14 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork, turning once.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 226 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 734mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 30g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Sep 15, 2017
This was very good. I used a 10 ounce can of Rotel diced tomatoes with mild chiles and an 8 ounce can of tomato sauce instead of a 15 ounce can of tomato sauce and 2 fresh diced tomatoes. They are the only changes I made. I will make this again.
Mar 7, 2012
I think she meant to write "green peppers"...
Mar 3, 2012
This was delicious. I used red bell pepper instead of green and added about half a TBS of hot sauce and a little salt. Both my husband and Iloved it!!
Feb 27, 2012
One reviewer mentioned green beans. Have I missed something? Didn't see any in the recipe.
Feb 25, 2012
I was pleasantly surprised! I had the ingrediants on hand so decided to try it. I had a lot of the sauce left over when done eating, so think I'll use it in another dish. We liked it very much
Feb 24, 2012
this dish was absolutely wonderful. we don't like green peppers so I used banana sweet peppers. we both loved it. thanks
Sep 30, 2011
Loved it! Quick, easy, delicious!
Jul 16, 2010
Would make this again! Used zuchini and squash in place of green beans. Also used black olives with jalapeno. Family liked the extra kick. mild kick but still made them say hmmm!
Apr 6, 2010
The flavor is great and even my toddler ate it! I wish the fish stayed in one piece...it fell completely apart. That's the only reason it didn't get five stars!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.