Southwest-Style Cod for Two
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup canned sliced ripe olives
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Dash pepper
- 2 cod fillets (6 ounces each)
- In a large skillet, saute onion and green pepper in oil until tender. Add garlic; saute 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomato sauce, tomato, olives, cumin, pepper sauce and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Add fillets. Cover and cook over medium heat for 10-14 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork, turning once.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 225 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 806mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 30g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 11, 2012
this is simple and delicious! it makes what would easily be a $20/person gourmet tasting meal. i added chopped celery and green olives w/pimentos because i didn't have black olives.
Mar 16, 2012
Very good! I had all the ingredients on hand except the black olives. Tastes good without them, next time I will add them as I really like black olives. This is a keeper--quick and easy!