Southwest Steak Salad
With its tangy combination of lemon juice and balsamic vinegar dressing, this hearty dish perks up your mouth and fills you up. Caroline Shively - Alexandria, Virginia
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 each small green, sweet red and yellow peppers, chopped
- 1 cooked Southwest Flank Steak, thinly sliced
- In a small bowl, whisk the first five ingredients; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the salad greens, onion and peppers. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Divide among four plates. Heat steak if desired; place over salads.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 252 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 274mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 24g protein.
Originally published as Southwest Steak Salad in Healthy Cooking April/May 2009