- 4 medium Yukon Gold potatoes
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 beef top round steak (1 inch thick and about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Pierce potatoes; place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high 4-5 minutes or until almost tender, turning once. Cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, mix vinegar and Worcestershire sauce; brush over steak. Mix brown sugar, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt and cayenne until blended; sprinkle over both sides of steak.
- Cut potatoes into 1/2-in. slices. Sprinkle with pepper and remaining salt. Grill potatoes and steak, covered, over medium heat 12-17 minutes or until potatoes are tender and a thermometer inserted in beef reads 145° for medium-rare, turning occasionally.
- Cut steak into thin slices. Serve with potatoes. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forSouthwest Steak & Potatoes
"I would give this meal a 5 star, but the potatoes fell apart. I will try this recipe again, but will quarter the potatoes instead of slicing them to see if they hold up better."
"I don't like the flavor"
"Family loves it and the kids request it!"
"Enjoyed the flavors in this - a nice twist to grilled steak. Yukon gold potatoes hold up well but need to be microwaved enough to cook fast when placed on the grill."
"This was very good. I had large potatoes and they should have been microwaved a bit longer as it took longer on the grill to get them done. I will make again"
"My husband loved this recipe and said he would definitely like to have it again. He's usually straight meat and potato-type; no fancy stuff, but this one really impressed!"