Southwest Spinach Dip
Even people who usually stay away from spinach will indulge in this delicious dip. You can increase the spiciness by adding more hot sauce.—Caula Barley, Johnstown, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Mexican diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 4-1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Tortilla chips
- In a large saucepan, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add spinach; cover and boil for 3-5 minutes or until wilted. Drain well and chop.
- In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir in tomatoes and cream cheese until blended. Stir in the spinach, cheese blend, chilies, vinegar and pepper sauce.
- Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly and lightly browned. Serve warm with chips.