Even people who usually stay away from spinach will indulge in this delicious dip. You can increase the spiciness by adding more hot sauce.—Caula Barley, Johnstown, Pennsylvania
Recommended: Recipes for Pretzels
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Mexican diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 4-1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Tortilla chips
- In a large saucepan, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add spinach; cover and boil for 3-5 minutes or until wilted. Drain well and chop.
- In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir in tomatoes and cream cheese until blended. Stir in the spinach, cheese blend, chilies, vinegar and pepper sauce. Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly and lightly browned. Serve warm with chips. Yield: 5-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Southwest Spinach Dip in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p14
Reviews forSouthwest Spinach Dip
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 12, 2012
"I would add a little salt. I made it for our Lifegroup tonight and people said it was good!"