Southwest Skillet Supreme
This is the kind of dish that's popular among cattle ranchers in Arizona. I've even won two cooking contests including a cattle growers "beef cook-off" with this recipe!—Connie Isaacson, Globe, Arizona
Total TimePrep: 10 min, Cook: 25 min.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1-1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, undrained
- 1 can (11-ounce) Mexican-style kernel corn, drained
- 3 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Tortilla chips
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 can (2-1/2 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- In a skillet, cook ground beef with onion until the beef is browned and onion is tender; drain. Stir in next seven ingredients; simmer 15 minutes.
- Leave in skillet or spoon into a shallow serving dish; sprinkle with cheese and circle with tortilla chips. Garnish with lettuce, tomato, olives and sour cream.
Originally published as Southwest Skillet Supreme in Country Ground Beef
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.