Southwest Skillet Supreme
This is the kind of dish that's popular among cattle ranchers in Arizona. I've even won two cooking contests including a cattle growers "beef cook-off" with this recipe!—Connie Isaacson, Globe, Arizona
Total TimePrep: 10 min, Cook: 25 min.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1-1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, undrained
- 1 can (11-ounce) Mexican-style kernel corn, drained
- 3 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1-1/2 cups Kerrygold shredded cheddar cheese
- Tortilla chips
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 can (2-1/2 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- In a skillet, cook ground beef with onion until the beef is browned and onion is tender; drain. Stir in next seven ingredients; simmer 15 minutes.
- Leave in skillet or spoon into a shallow serving dish; sprinkle with cheese and circle with tortilla chips. Garnish with lettuce, tomato, olives and sour cream.