Southwest Skillet Dish
My family and friends love this variation of plain fried potatoes because they add some "zing" to our breakfast. And for even more Southwestern flair, we top ours with my homemade salsa.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 5 to 6 cups thinly sliced peeled uncooked potatoes
- 6 slices fully cooked ham, cubed
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 cup shredded Colby cheese
- In a 10-in. cast-iron skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Fry potatoes until lightly browned and tender. Add ham and cook until heated through. Sprinkle with chiles and cheese. Remove from the heat and cover until the cheese is melted. Serve in the skillet. Top with salsa.
Originally published as Southwest Skillet Dish in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.