Southwest Skillet Corn Recipe
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, saute red pepper and jalapeno in butter until tender. Add cumin; cook for 30 seconds. Add corn and cilantro; saute 2 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup: 138 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 37mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Southwest Skillet Corn
"Excellent tasting side dish. easy to make. I made it without jalapenos, and we still loved it. Excellent hot AND cold."