Southwest Skillet Chops
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives or green olives with pimientos, optional
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon butter and oil over medium-high heat. Brown pork chops on both sides. Remove from pan.
- In same skillet, heat remaining butter. Add onion and jalapeno; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until tender. Return chops to skillet. Add corn, lime juice and, if desired, olives; cook, covered, 4-6 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in pork reads 145°. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 pork chop with 1/4 cup relish: 330 calories, 19g fat (8g saturated fat), 97mg cholesterol, 542mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 33g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 8, 2017
The pork chops were juicy and full of flavor, without being underdone. We liked it better substituting canned green chiles for the olives.
Dec 10, 2016
Delicious and quick. I wish I had made a double recipe of the corn relish. I added a sprinkle of cumin. Yum!
Nov 11, 2014
This recipe was an absolute hit with my whole family including my 20 month old. I omitted the optional green olives because we don't like them and the relish was still amazing. A super fast dinner from skillet to table that doesn't disappoint. Yummy!