- 4 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives or green olives with pimientos, optional
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon butter and oil over medium-high heat. Brown pork chops on both sides. Remove from pan.
- In same skillet, heat remaining butter. Add onion and jalapeno; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until tender. Return chops to skillet. Add corn, lime juice and, if desired, olives; cook, covered, 4-6 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in pork reads 145°. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forSouthwest Skillet Chops
"The pork chops were juicy and full of flavor, without being underdone. We liked it better substituting canned green chiles for the olives."
"Delicious and quick. I wish I had made a double recipe of the corn relish. I added a sprinkle of cumin. Yum!"
"This recipe was an absolute hit with my whole family including my 20 month old. I omitted the optional green olives because we don't like them and the relish was still amazing. A super fast dinner from skillet to table that doesn't disappoint. Yummy!"