Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- SALAD DRESSING:
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 heads Boston lettuce, torn
- 1 small cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 small red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained or fresh orange sections
- In a small bowl, whisk salad dressing ingredients; set aside. Arrange the lettuce, cucumber, avocado, onion and oranges on individual plates. Drizzle with dressing just before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 299 calories, 24g fat (3g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 144mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 28, 2018
Light and fresh!
Feb 23, 2013
This is a perfect hot weather salad!
Feb 20, 2013
Easy and delicious. Uses items we always have on hand. The dressing is not overly sweet. We also add sliced roasted almonds.
Feb 18, 2013
Absolutely wonderful!! I don't normally care for vinegar & oil based dressings, but this was so refreshing & light because of the orange & lemon.
Feb 16, 2013
This will be a great summer side dish :)
Oct 28, 2009
I've been making a similar salad for years. my salad consists of torn spinach, butter lettuce and romaine, red onions rings, mandarin oranges, and avacados slices. I lay it ona large flat salad bowl. the dressing I make: I cup orange juice with lots of pulp, 1/4 cup of oil, 1 tsp of garlic salt. 2 tbls of red chili powder (like grandma's spicy) 1//2 tsp cumin powder and 2 tbls of sugar, mix in the blender and pour over the salad