Southwest Pita Pizzas
For a quick meal guaranteed to please all, try this recipe. These individual pizzas have so much flavor and spice! —Gloria Taylor, Amarillo, Texas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 4 pita breads (6 inches)
- 1/2 cup enchilada sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons canned diced jalapeno peppers
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in chilies.
- Place pita breads on an ungreased baking sheet; spread with enchilada sauce. Top with beef mixture and cheese.
- Bake at 400° for 4-5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with sour cream, jalapenos, lettuce and tomato.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 563 calories, 27g fat (14g saturated fat), 128mg cholesterol, 847mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 36g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.