Southwest Pita Pizzas
For a quick meal guaranteed to please all, try this recipe. These individual pizzas have so much flavor and spice! —Gloria Taylor, Amarillo, Texas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 4 pita breads (6 inches)
- 1/2 cup enchilada sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons canned diced jalapeno peppers
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in chilies.
- Place pita breads on an ungreased baking sheet; spread with enchilada sauce. Top with beef mixture and cheese.
- Bake at 400° for 4-5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with sour cream, jalapenos, lettuce and tomato.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 563 calories, 27g fat (14g saturated fat), 128mg cholesterol, 847mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 36g protein.
Originally published as Southwest Pita Pizza in Country Woman February/March 2009