Southwest Layered Cornbread Salad
With no last-minute assembly needed, this layered salad is ready for a spot on the party buffet. —Rod & Sue Brusius, Omro, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
Makes12 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups ranch salad dressing
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Prepare and bake cornbread according to package directions. Cool completely on a wire rack. Break into crumbles.
- In a 3-qt. bowl, layer half of each of the following: cornbread, beans, corn, tomatoes, onion, dressing and cheese. Repeat layers. Refrigerate, covered, until serving.