- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup cubed avocado
- 1/2 cup chopped plum tomatoes
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- In a small bowl, whisk the sour cream, lime juice, onion, jalapeno, salt and pepper. In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, avocado, tomatoes and carrot. Add dressing and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forSouthwest Iceberg Slaw
"This is a cool, refreshing salad for hot summer days. When I make it, everyone raves about it. I make it often for family and friends."