Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian salad dressing mix
- 5 whole pita breads, warmed
- 1 cup fresh arugula or baby spinach
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook beef and pepper in a large skillet over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, tomatoes, water, chili powder, cumin and garlic powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2-3 minutes or until thickened.
- Combine mayonnaise and salad dressing mix in a small bowl. Spoon beef mixture over pita breads; top with the arugula, cheese and mayonnaise mixture.
Nov 6, 2018
These were very tasty. More like a taco on pita bread though.
Jan 15, 2013
This was amazing! Loved it on the pita bread. I thought it was going to be spicy with all the chili powder, cumin and onion powder but it wasn't at all.
Jan 11, 2013
Excellent should be for EXTRA special. This is VERY good!!!! We loved them and will make them again. They are also not bad in the Weight Watcher category - 6 pts.
Nov 30, 2012
Very good recipe! My husband spotted this one and absolutely loved it!