“Lime juice and a splash of pepper sauce lend refreshing zest to this flavorful take on grilled chicken. It's so easy, you'll make it often.” —Molly Seidel, Edgewood, New Mexico
Recommended: 40 Easy Weeknight Dinners for Summer
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for up to 1 hour.
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade in bag. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 4-7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Southwest Grilled Chicken in Country Woman April/May 2009, p40
Reviews forSouthwest Grilled Chicken
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 21, 2013
"The next time I make this I will use less lime juice as it was overpowering all the other seasonings in this dish."
Reviewed Jul. 14, 2011
"Simple to prepare. Mildly flavored."
Reviewed May. 15, 2011