Southwest Fish Tacos
- 1-1/2 pounds sole fillets, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 package (10 ounces) angel hair coleslaw mix
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 taco shells, warmed
- 8 lime wedges
- 1. Sprinkle fish with taco seasoning. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook fish in butter for 3-4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the coleslaw, cilantro, mayonnaise, lime juice, sugar, salt and pepper.
- 3. Place fish in taco shells. Top with coleslaw mixture; serve with lime wedges.
2 tacos: 492 calories, 28g fat (11g saturated fat), 122mg cholesterol, 919mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 35g protein.
Jun 25, 2019These are absolutely delicious. Very quick and easy to prepare. I patted the fillets dry before I added the seasoning and let it rest for a couple of minutes. I had no problem with the seasoning falling off. I used coconut oil instead of butter but otherwise followed the recipe exactly. My husband gobbled them up.
Mar 11, 2018
Yum! Very quick and easy to prepare. Tasty meal.
Apr 21, 2015
Very, very good!
Jul 11, 2014
Pretty good, the seasoning came off when I was cooking the fish so it didn't have a "southwest" flavor. I added some lime juice to the fish. I also substituted broccoli slaw for cole slaw since we don't like cabbage.
Dec 31, 1969
Easy to make and very tasty
Aug 7, 2013
Loved it! Super easy, I used Mahi Mahi and topped with avocado. Also, shredded a small head of cabbage for the slaw.
Jan 25, 2013
I would omit the cilantro. I used coleslaw dressing and then Tartar sauce.
Jan 15, 2013
Very easy and tasty. I also left out the butter and put fresh avocados on top. Will definitely make again but will use flour tortillas instead. I used corn but thought it took too much away from the flavor.
Aug 13, 2012
Very good - I added cheese and tomatoes - I will make these again.
Mar 18, 2012
These tacos are delish! Instead of cooking the fish myself, I used frozen crunchy cod nuggets and put the 1 T. of taco seasoning into the coleslaw mixture. Left out the cilantro cuz I hate it, and served chopped tomatoes, salsa, and Mexican blend cheese as garnishes. These are terrific with the Best Ever Chicken Fajita Chowder from this website.