Southwest Crunch Chicken Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes13 servings (1 cup each)
- 1-1/3 cups fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-3/4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 9 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1-3/4 cups julienned peeled jicama
- 1-3/4 cups chopped celery
- 1-3/4 cups chopped sweet red peppers
- 1 cup chopped cashews
- 1/2 pound turkey bacon strips, diced and cooked
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Add mayonnaise mixture; toss to coat. Chill until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 286 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 95mg cholesterol, 653mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 33g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.
Mar 13, 2016
Yummy. We enjoyed this. Ended up with a bit too much celery and jicama, but that was probably because I didn't follow the recipe proportions exactly. This was my first time ever making chicken salad and I will make it again. Even the kids ate it!!!
Mar 2, 2015
This is one of the best chicken salads ever! All the different flavors are a treat for your taste buds! I used mesquite marinated grilled chicken and added onions. For those who don't have jicama nearby, I think slivered green apple would probably work too. Thank you for this terrific recipe that will be used over and over at our home!
Apr 15, 2013
oncein, Jicama is a Mexican root vegetable. A cross between a turnip, apple and potato.
Feb 16, 2013
Sounds very good. What is jicama? never heard of this unless it has another name. Help please.
May 30, 2011
OMGosh this is out of this world!
May 27, 2011
You would be better off using regular bacon instead of the turkey bacon. Turkey bacon has a MUCH higher salt content than regular bacon.
Jan 16, 2011
Everyone at the party loved its. Its even good without the bacon. I forgot to make the bacon and remembered it as I was walking out the door. But is was still good without it.
Jun 16, 2009
This recipe was a winner in our house. Brava!
Jun 5, 2009
Delicious!! The taste is absolutely intriguing-with citrus notes, then the cumin and cilantro, plus delightful texture and crunch! This goes on my list of 'serve it regularly'!