Southwest Creamy Pasta Bake Recipe
- 12 ounces uncooked spiral pasta
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10 ounces) green enchilada sauce
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) chopped ripe olives
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Drain pasta; stir into chicken mixture.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
1-1/4 cups: 550 calories, 26g fat (15g saturated fat), 109mg cholesterol, 1103mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 30g protein.
Reviews for Southwest Creamy Pasta Bake
"Not bad......not great.....somewhere in between. I don't think it has a lot of flavor, although it reminds me slightly of chicken enchiladas which we like a lot. Makes a ton.....probably wouldn't make again."
"Well I didn't have the green sauce so I used the red. Did not add the noodles and I'm going to put this right into tortillas. Will let you know what the kids think of it after we eat. I put plenty of chicken in this one."
"This was so good,and so very easy to put together! I used two six ounce packages of Tyson pre-cooked chicken breast, and I also picked up a can.of mild green chili enchilada sauce, hoping that it was the right.kind, because the taste was phenomenal! I had two friends over for dinner and the three of us consumed almost the entire dish! Next time I will try lightening up the dish domewhat by replacing the sour cream with Greek yogurt, and both of the soups with the lower fat versions. This one is a true winner, straight across the boards!"
"This turned out delicious and the leftovers taste even better the next day. For those individuals who did not like the recipe, it calls for green enchilada sauce, not green salsa. That may be why the taste was off."
"Very yummy! My whole family loves this! Will make it again!"
"My family all liked this recipie.I reheats very nicely the next day for lunch."
"I did not like this recipe. I will not make it again. I thought the taste of the green salsa was too strong, but the rest was pretty bland. I didn't like it."
"I just made this for dinner tonight; it was a huge hit! I used Tyson frozen diced chicken breasts, which I always have on hand in the freezer; I added the required amount to the pasta during the last five minutes of cooking. I used sliced green onions from my grocer's produce section, to save more time. For the green chile salsa, which I have a hard time finding in Miami, I used Pace Salsa Verde, measuring out 1 1/4 cup, since it comes in a 16-oz. jar. I spread some of what was left in the jar on top of individual servings before serving. It was great! Paired with a salad and a nice bottle of chilled white wine, my husband pronounced it, "Delicious!" It's a keeper."