Southwest Corn Spread
My Aunt Christine shared this recipe with me at a family reunion a few years ago. The thick spread's southwestern flavor has mass appeal. —Rebecca Sue Dickson, Iredell, Texas
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
Makesabout 3 cups
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (8-3/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- Tortilla chips or crackers
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and lime juice until smooth. Beat in the chilies, onions, cumin, cayenne pepper until combined. Stir in corn and walnuts if desired.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Serve with crackers or chips.
Originally published as Southwest Corn Spread in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.