- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (8-3/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- Crackers or tortilla chips
- In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese and lime juice until smooth. Beat in the chilies, onions, cumin, cayenne pepper and salt. Stir in corn and walnuts if desired. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Serve with crackers or chips. Yield: about 3 cups.
Reviews forSouthwest Corn Spread
"This is a great recipe! Every time I make it, I have someone ask for the recipe. I use Mexicorn or the Southwestern Corn (with black beans)."