My Aunt Christine shared this recipe with me at a family reunion a few years ago. The thick spread's southwestern flavor has mass appeal. —Rebecca Sue Dickson, Iredell, Texas
Recommended: 66 Recipes for Super Bowl Snacks
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (8-3/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- Tortilla chips or crackers
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and lime juice until smooth. Beat in the chilies, onions, cumin, cayenne pepper until combined. Stir in corn and walnuts if desired.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Serve with crackers or chips. Yield: about 3 cups.
Originally published as Southwest Corn Spread in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p32
Reviews forSouthwest Corn Spread
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 6, 2013
"This is a great recipe! Every time I make it, I have someone ask for the recipe. I use Mexicorn or the Southwestern Corn (with black beans)."