- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (8-3/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- Tortilla chips or crackers
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and lime juice until smooth. Beat in the chilies, onions, cumin, cayenne pepper until combined. Stir in corn and walnuts if desired.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Serve with crackers or chips. Yield: about 3 cups.
Reviews forSouthwest Corn Spread
"This is a great recipe! Every time I make it, I have someone ask for the recipe. I use Mexicorn or the Southwestern Corn (with black beans)."