Southwest Corn and Tomatoes
“I came up with this recipe to use an over-abundance of corn from the garden one year. Everyone liked it so much that I substituted frozen corn so I could make it all year round,” writes Trisha Kruse of Eagle, Idaho.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 5 plum tomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large bowl, combine the corn, tomatoes, onion, jalapenos and garlic. Drizzle with oil; toss to coat. Transfer to a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring twice. Spoon into a bowl. Stir in cilantro and salt. Serve warm.