Southwest Chicken Pockets
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 package (9 ounces) ready-to-serve roasted chicken breast strips
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles, divided
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Remove from the heat; stir in the chicken, beans, tomato and 1/4 cup chiles.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll puff pastry into a 14-in. square. Cut into four squares. Spoon chicken mixture into the center of each square; sprinkle with cheese.
- Brush egg over edges. Fold dough over filling, forming a triangle; pinch seams to seal. Transfer to a greased baking sheet and brush with remaining egg. Bake at 400° until golden brown, 18-22 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine sour cream and remaining chiles. Serve with pockets.
Nutrition Facts1 pocket with 2 tablespoon sauce: 600 calories, 28g fat (9g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 880mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 10g fiber), 28g protein.
Jan 20, 2013
It does make a lot of filling as other reviewers said. But the filling is great with tortilla chips! I used some leftover smoked turkey instead of chicken. Also added some cumin. Sprinkled some cheese on each pocket after brushing with egg. Yumm-o! :)
Mar 10, 2012
Very good, and very easy. Agree with the previous review that this does make a lot of filling; I made twice the number of pockets the recipe calls for and still had filling left over. I used salsa instead of the tomato and it worked well.
Mar 1, 2012
Makes too much filling. You could double the number of pockets you make, or use the filling for nachos later.