- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 package (9 ounces) ready-to-serve roasted chicken breast strips
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, divided
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Remove from the heat; stir in the chicken, beans, tomato and 1/4 cup chilies.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll puff pastry into a 14-in. square. Cut into four squares. Spoon chicken mixture into the center of each square; sprinkle with cheese.
- Brush egg over edges. Fold dough over filling, forming a triangle; pinch seams to seal. Transfer to a greased baking sheet and brush with remaining egg. Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine sour cream and remaining chilies. Serve with pockets. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forSouthwest Chicken Pockets
"Very good, and very easy. Agree with the previous review that this does make a lot of filling; I made twice the number of pockets the recipe calls for and still had filling left over. I used salsa instead of the tomato and it worked well."
"Makes too much filling. You could double the number of pockets you make, or use the filling for nachos later."