Southwest Chicken Fajita Pizza
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 1/2 cup julienned green pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Unroll crust into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan; flatten dough and build up edges slightly. Bake at 400° until lightly browned, 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute chicken in oil until lightly browned. Add the onion, green pepper, garlic, chili powder, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until vegetables are tender and chicken is no longer pink.
- Spread salsa over crust. Top with 1 cup cheese, chicken mixture and remaining cheese. Bake at 400° until cheese is bubbly and golden brown, 10-15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 191 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 505mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 12g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 20, 2013
LOVED this pizza. Such an interesting change from traditional pizza.
Apr 26, 2013
This pizza was okay, but it just didn't do it for me. It was a nice change of pace, but I just felt it was average.
Mar 12, 2012
I was wondering if my husband would like this and we both really liked it. I used orange peppers instead of green and a Boboli pre-made crust and it turned out great.
Apr 21, 2011
Great pizza and so easy to make. It would be simple to double it and make for a party. Try not to load it up too much because the crust cannot take it. Keep it simple but make an extra one!
May 26, 2010
Yummy! We used a Boboli whole wheat crust instead of the tube. Full of flavor and definitely a unique change of pace.~ Theresa