Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min. + chilling
Makes20-24 appetizer servings
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1-1/2 envelopes taco seasoning
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 2/3 cup salsa
- Tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, beat cheeses until fluffy. Stir in 1 cup sour cream and taco seasoning. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Fold in chilies. Pour into a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until center is almost set. Remove from oven; let stand for 10 minutes (leave oven on). Spoon remaining sour cream over top of filling. Bake 5 minutes loner. Cool completely on wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around the edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove sides of pan. Place on serving plate. Top with salsa. Serve with tortilla chips. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 126 calories, 10g fat (7g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 339mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 31, 2011
I made this for a dinner at work. Everyone loved it. I did reduce the sour cream by one cup and used only one envelope of taco seasoning. I think the other half would have made it too strong. I got several requests for the recipe, so I'd say it's a keeper.
Dec 18, 2007
I use a simalar recipe,but it isn't baked,& is served more like a dip. this sounds like a great variation,i can't wait to try it. thanks!