- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups dairy sour cream, divided
- 1-1/2 packets taco seasoning
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1 can (4 ounces) green chilies, chopped and drained
- 2/3 cup salsa
- Tortilla chips
- Combine cheeses; beat until fluffy. Stir in 1 cup of sour cream and taco seasoning. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Fold in chilies. Pour into 9-in. springform pan. Bake at 350* for 35-40 minutes or until center is just firm. Remove form oven; cool 10 minutes. Spoon remaining sour cream over top of cake; return to oven for 5 minutes. Cool completely on wire rack. Refrigerate, covered, overnight. Remove from pan; place on serving plate. Top with salsa. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 50 appetizer servings.
- 50 servings, 1 slice per serving. Yield: 50 appetizer servings
Reviews forSouthwest Cheesecake
"I made this for a dinner at work. Everyone loved it. I did reduce the sour cream by one cup and used only one envelope of taco seasoning. I think the other half would have made it too strong. I got several requests for the recipe, so I'd say it's a keeper."
"I use a simalar recipe,but it isn't baked,& is served more like a dip. this sounds like a great variation,i can't wait to try it. thanks!"