Southwest Beef Strips
This filling main dish from the Test Kitchen gets its zip from Mexican seasoning. Its colorful presentation is matched by its colorful flavors.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1-1/2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 3 tablespoons picante sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- Hot cooked fettuccine, optional
- In a large skillet, stir-fry the beef, onion, red pepper, taco seasoning, salt and pepper in oil until meat is no longer pink. Stir in the beans, corn, picante sauce and cilantro; heat through. Serve with fettuccine if desired.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 300 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 788mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 5g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable.
Jun 10, 2014
made this a while back family really enjoyed. will be making it again
May 21, 2012
We serve this over tortilla chips. I add a jalpeno to spice it up some. It's good the next day too.