Southwest Beef Burritos
Take dinner in hand with this super-simple recipe that’s table-ready in 20 minutes flat. It’s loaded with beef, veggies and cheese and can easily be doubled for a crowd.—Patricia Harmon, Baden, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (15 ounces) refrigerated beef tips with gravy
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- 3/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Cut beef tips into 1/2-inch pieces. In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add the beef tips with gravy, mixed vegetables, green chilies and cumin; heat through.
- Spoon 3/4 cup filling off center on each tortilla. Sprinkle with cheese. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 540 calories, 21g fat (8g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 1343mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 12g fiber), 31g protein.
Originally published as Mexican Beef Stew Burritos in Simple & Delicious October/November 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.