- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 4 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1-1/2 cups diced celery
- 3 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- In a small saucepan, whisk egg yolks; add sugar, vinegar, mustard and salt. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens. Stir in butter until melted. Cover and chill for 30 minutes. Add milk and mayonnaise; mix well. In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Add dressing and mix to coat. Chill until ready to serve. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews forSouthern-Style Chicken Salad
"The dressing I was skeptical about, but ended up loving it! I added a smidge more mayo, mustard and milk because i added so baby peas and small shell pasta. I didn't have celery so I subbed 2 mini sweet peppers, yellow and red. with all the additions its also a colorful dish!! Very yummy too, eating now!!"