Southern Skillet Chops Recipe
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (8 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons plus 1/8 teaspoon Creole seasoning, divided
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- Shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- 1. Sprinkle pork chops with 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning. In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. Drain one can tomatoes; discard liquid. Add tomatoes to skillet with the remaining can of undrained tomatoes, black-eyed peas and remaining Creole seasoning, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan.
- 3. Bring to a boil and return chops to pan. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2-4 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Sprinkle with cheese if desired. Let stand for 5 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Southern Skillet Chops
"Really good with a little heat. Since I was only making it for 2, I only used one can of Rotel, undrained. I did forget to rinse and drain the black-eyed peas but I'm not sure why they need to be rinsed as I've used them for years without rinsing them. I let it simmer until the sauce was thickened. Excellent dinner."