Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Sprinkle pork with 3/4 teaspoon seafood seasoning. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat; brown chops on both sides. Remove from pan.
- Add pepper and onion to skillet; cook and stir until tender, 4-5 minutes. Stir in remaining seafood seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, peas, tomatoes, rice and broth. Bring to a boil. Place chops over top. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until a thermometer inserted in pork reads 145°, 2-3 minutes. Let stand, covered, 5 minutes before serving.
Health Tip: Make this meal gluten-free by using gluten-free broth and Worcestershire sauce.
1 pork chop with 1-1/4 cups rice mixture: 484 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 764mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 6g fiber), 42g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 3 starch, 1/2 fat.Originally published as Poor Girls Pork Chops and Rice in Simple & Delicious October/November 2016Read Next
Dec 4, 2016
I ended up dicing the pork chops, added salsa and used more rice and it was really good.
Reviews for Southern Pork & Rice
More from Taste of Home