- 1 cup butter, divided
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 pint half-and-half
- 4 slices American cheese
- 1 carton (8 ounces) heavy whipping cream
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 carton (8 ounces) dairy sour cream
- 2 boxes (8-1/2 ounces each) corn muffin mix
- 6 ounces diced breakfast ham or 1-1/2 cups diced ham
- Melt 1/2 cup of butter. Add flour and half-and-half; cook until slightly thickened. Crumble in cheese; blend. Cool. Add whipping cream, beaten egg and sour cream, blending each. Add remaining butter (melted); fold in corn muffin mix. Fold in ham. Spread in 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until set. Do not overbake; it should be moist. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews forSouthern Plantation Cornbread
"This cornbread is to die for! Very rich, but oh, so yummy!"
"WOW!!! This is AMAZING!!! sooooo rich. i doubled the diced ham - turned out fabulous. Definate Recommend."