Southern Pinwheel Pie
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 4 cups cubed fully cooked ham (2 pounds)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 cups fresh or frozen broccoli florets
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, saute ham and onion in butter until onion is tender. Combine soup and milk; stir into ham mixture. Add broccoli; heat through. Pour into an ungreased shallow 2-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- Combine biscuit mix and water until a soft dough forms. On a lightly floured surface, knead dough 10 times. Roll out into a 12-in. square; sprinkle with parsley.
- Roll up jelly-roll style. Cut into 12 pieces; place over the ham mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until biscuits are golden and ham mixture is heated through and bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 426 calories, 22g fat (8g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 2149mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein.
Apr 5, 2010
I first made this many, many years ago as a new bride...it was in my Betty Crocker recipe card collection...it was and still is very good, great way to use up left over ham.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.