When I make pineapple casserole, I double the amount —because guests frequently request a second helping for dessert! Sweet-tangy fruit is even better combined with savory cheddar cheese and buttery cracker crumb topping. —Catherine Ann Goza, Leland, North Carolina
Recommended: 24 Low-Carb Christmas Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- 2-1/2 cups crushed Ritz crackers (about 60 crackers)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, mix sugar and flour; stir in cheese. Stir in both cans of drained pineapple.
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. In a small bowl, mix crackers and butter. Sprinkle over top. Bake, uncovered, 30-40 minutes or until topping is brown and cheese is melted. Let stand 10 minutes. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Southern Pineapple Casserole in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2016, p87
Reviews forSouthern Pineapple Casserole
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 24, 2017
"I love it!"